NATIONAL STAR COLLEGE
The National Star College is an independent specialist college established and operated by a registered charity, the National Star Centre for disabled Youth. It was originally established in 1967 to offer education for young people whose lives had been affected by thalidomide. The College’s main campus is in Ullenwood, just outside Cheltenham, and there is additional accommodation in Cheltenham and Gloucester.
In order to ensure that the right facilities are in place for the College’s future provision a £15.4M development plan and supporting fundraising campaign (The Star Appeal) has been established to address the College’s future needs.
We were contacted by The National Star College to design the Star Appeal Brochure, it needed:
- to provide information about the College and the Star Appeal for potential donors
- to engage potential donors with the Star Appeal both emotionally and intellectually encouraging them to consider making a donation to the Star Appeal and putting across the following key messages:
- The transformational impact on the lives of the young disabled people attending National Star College
- The benefits to students of the development plan and the projected outcomes associated with it
- to ask potential donors to support the Star Appeal with a donation
We designed a variety of brochure designs for them to choose from and once agreed produced a very well received brochure, DVD case and selection of fliers.